Welcome to the web page of the AgriFutures Australia Performance Review. AgriFutures Australia is the trading name of the Rural Industries Research & Development Corporation (RIRDC).
AgriFutures Australia (RIRDC) is required by the Commonwealth Government to undertake a comprehensive, independent review of its performance against its statutory funding agreement. This review is important to AgriFutures Australia is it continually looks for opportunities to improve the impact of its investments and ensure effective internal processes.
This review has been contracted to a team of independent consultants comprising Scott Williams of Forest Hill Consulting, Russell Pattinson of Miracle Dog Consulting, Chris Wilcox of Poimena Analysis and Dr Alex Ball of Rural Analytics. Biographies of the consultants can be found here.
The Review's Terms of Reference are to:
1. Assess the performance of AgriFutures Australia in meeting its obligations under the PIRD Act and the Funding Agreement with the Commonwealth.
2. Assess AgriFutures Australia's development and implementation of its Strategic R&D Plan, Annual Operational Plan, Risk Management Plan, Fraud Control Plan and Intellectual Property Management Plan, and AgriFutures Australia’s effectiveness in meeting the priorities, targets and budgets set out in those plans.
3. Assess the efficiency and effectiveness with which AgriFutures Australia has carried out these plans including:
- Liaison with stakeholders
- Cross-RDC collaboration
- Corporate governance
- Industry strategy and delivery, including the opportunity for stakeholders to influence the investment of funds and the Return on Investment achieved
- Corporate operations.
4. Assess the efficiency and effectiveness of AgriFutures Australia’s investments.
5. Assess the delivery of benefits to AgriFutures Australia’s stakeholders and community in general, foreshadowed by those plans, including an assessment of the degree to which AgriFutures Australia's investments have met the needs of stakeholders
6. Assess the relocation of AgriFutures Australia to Wagga Wagga, to determine what aspects of the process went well and what lessons can be learned.
AgriFutures Australia's corporate documents can be accessed here.
The consultancy team will be contacting a selection of stakeholders to discuss the performance of AgriFutures Australia. We also welcome any submissions from interested parties that relate to any of the Review’s Terms of Reference. If you would like to make a submission to the review, or if you would like to be contacted about any matter relating to this review, please send an email to email@example.com. Submissions should be received by 28 September 2018.